Mar
25
Wed
What \Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Mar 25 @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
What \Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts

 

What \Washed Ashore //Astray

Benjamin Benne
Directed by Nora Gair
March 25-27

“sunset on the shoreline
the sky and the sea blur
the sea gasps for breath”

What \Washed Ashore //Astray: a sensory play about deterioration, by contemporary playwright Benjamin Benne, is a poetic play written in overlapping free verse that tells the story of elderly twin sisters, Cat and Chris, who reunite in a cabin on the Pacific Northwest shoreline after it becomes apparent one of them will die within the year. Everything has aged: the cottage, their bodies, the world around them.

The depth of connection between the twins and their relationship to the spaces they inhabit paint a beautiful, character-driven picture of senescence, childhood, and identity. This play questions the mutable nature of time through memory and how we can access our past so fully- if not so realistically- in our minds.

Mar
26
Thu
What \\Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Mar 26 @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
What \\Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts

 

What \\Washed Ashore //Astray

Benjamin Benne
Directed by Nora Gair
March 25-27

“sunset on the shoreline
the sky and the sea blur
the sea gasps for breath”

What \\Washed Ashore //Astray: a sensory play about deterioration, by contemporary playwright Benjamin Benne, is a poetic play written in overlapping free verse that tells the story of elderly twin sisters, Cat and Chris, who reunite in a cabin on the Pacific Northwest shoreline after it becomes apparent one of them will die within the year. Everything has aged: the cottage, their bodies, the world around them.

The depth of connection between the twins and their relationship to the spaces they inhabit paint a beautiful, character-driven picture of senescence, childhood, and identity. This play questions the mutable nature of time through memory and how we can access our past so fully- if not so realistically- in our minds.

Mar
27
Fri
What \Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Mar 27 @ 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
What \Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts

 

What \Washed Ashore //Astray

Benjamin Benne
Directed by Nora Gair
March 25-27

“sunset on the shoreline
the sky and the sea blur
the sea gasps for breath”

What \Washed Ashore //Astray: a sensory play about deterioration, by contemporary playwright Benjamin Benne, is a poetic play written in overlapping free verse that tells the story of elderly twin sisters, Cat and Chris, who reunite in a cabin on the Pacific Northwest shoreline after it becomes apparent one of them will die within the year. Everything has aged: the cottage, their bodies, the world around them.

The depth of connection between the twins and their relationship to the spaces they inhabit paint a beautiful, character-driven picture of senescence, childhood, and identity. This play questions the mutable nature of time through memory and how we can access our past so fully- if not so realistically- in our minds.

What \Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Mar 27 @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
What \Washed Ashore// Astray @ Purnell Center for the Arts

 

What \Washed Ashore //Astray

Benjamin Benne
Directed by Nora Gair
March 25-27

“sunset on the shoreline
the sky and the sea blur
the sea gasps for breath”

What \Washed Ashore //Astray: a sensory play about deterioration, by contemporary playwright Benjamin Benne, is a poetic play written in overlapping free verse that tells the story of elderly twin sisters, Cat and Chris, who reunite in a cabin on the Pacific Northwest shoreline after it becomes apparent one of them will die within the year. Everything has aged: the cottage, their bodies, the world around them.

The depth of connection between the twins and their relationship to the spaces they inhabit paint a beautiful, character-driven picture of senescence, childhood, and identity. This play questions the mutable nature of time through memory and how we can access our past so fully- if not so realistically- in our minds.

Apr
1
Wed
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Apr 1 @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts

Scholar and Painter or How to Fall In Love With the Sky

Written and Directed by Rachel Pospisil
April 1-3

“Scholar throws a tantrum and violently throws her book across the room.
Painter cries out, Scholar freezes.”

Scholar and Painter; or How to Fall in Love With the Sky is a story about discovering true love, finding middle ground, and repairing broken relationships with the people around us and with the planet we call home. With 90% of the play told through movement alone, and the remaining 10% mainly spoken in languages other than English, the play asks whether it’s possible to listen, to understand, and to evolve, and to save ourselves from ourselves.

Apr
2
Thu
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Apr 2 @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts

Scholar and Painter or How to Fall In Love With the Sky

Written and Directed by Rachel Pospisil
April 1-3

“Scholar throws a tantrum and violently throws her book across the room.
Painter cries out, Scholar freezes.”

Scholar and Painter; or How to Fall in Love With the Sky is a story about discovering true love, finding middle ground, and repairing broken relationships with the people around us and with the planet we call home. With 90% of the play told through movement alone, and the remaining 10% mainly spoken in languages other than English, the play asks whether it’s possible to listen, to understand, and to evolve, and to save ourselves from ourselves.

Apr
3
Fri
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Apr 3 @ 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts

Scholar and Painter or How to Fall In Love With the Sky

Written and Directed by Rachel Pospisil
April 1-3

“Scholar throws a tantrum and violently throws her book across the room.
Painter cries out, Scholar freezes.”

Scholar and Painter; or How to Fall in Love With the Sky is a story about discovering true love, finding middle ground, and repairing broken relationships with the people around us and with the planet we call home. With 90% of the play told through movement alone, and the remaining 10% mainly spoken in languages other than English, the play asks whether it’s possible to listen, to understand, and to evolve, and to save ourselves from ourselves.

Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Apr 3 @ 8:00 PM – 10:00 PM
Scholar and Painter; Or How To Fall In Love With The Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts

Scholar and Painter or How to Fall In Love With the Sky

Written and Directed by Rachel Pospisil
April 1-3

“Scholar throws a tantrum and violently throws her book across the room.
Painter cries out, Scholar freezes.”

Scholar and Painter; or How to Fall in Love With the Sky is a story about discovering true love, finding middle ground, and repairing broken relationships with the people around us and with the planet we call home. With 90% of the play told through movement alone, and the remaining 10% mainly spoken in languages other than English, the play asks whether it’s possible to listen, to understand, and to evolve, and to save ourselves from ourselves.

Apr
22
Wed
Blacktop Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Apr 22 @ 8:00 PM – Apr 24 @ 10:00 PM
Blacktop Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts

Blacktop Sky

Christina Anderson
Directed by NaTasha Thompson
April 22-24

People throw away things they don’t want. I catch it.- Klass

Blacktop Sky is the story of three young adults living under the gaze of the Hynn projects. An unexpected friendship causes a break in social structure and for a few immeasurable moments inverts the blacktop and the sky. This play tests the boundaries of relationships in the Hynn projects while asking us to reflect on our own social biases and how we address Klass—with a K.

Apr
23
Thu
Blacktop Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts
Apr 23 @ 8:00 PM – Apr 25 @ 10:00 PM
Blacktop Sky @ Purnell Center for the Arts

Blacktop Sky

Christina Anderson
Directed by NaTasha Thompson
April 22-24

People throw away things they don’t want. I catch it.- Klass

Blacktop Sky is the story of three young adults living under the gaze of the Hynn projects. An unexpected friendship causes a break in social structure and for a few immeasurable moments inverts the blacktop and the sky. This play tests the boundaries of relationships in the Hynn projects while asking us to reflect on our own social biases and how we address Klass—with a K.